Currently the following sanitation and safety guidelines are followed by all Northern Waters Smokehaus Staff:
- All NWS staff members will wear masks while working their shifts. A mask will be work while in our deli, basement, while delivering food to pick-up table, while delivering food to folks’ homes, and while being in the Dewitt Seitz building.
- All NWS staff will wear Gloves not only when preparing food, but while bringing food out to the pickup table, and when taking food deliveries by car. Gloves should be changed after every visit to the pickup table outside, and after dropping food deliveries at people’s doors.
- All NWS staff will avoid going inside offices and residences while delivering food. NWS staff will call addressee immediately after dropping off the food.
- All NWS staff will wash their hands before putting on gloves including in between glove changes. They will continue to wash their hands thoroughly and frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- We will continue to offer earned sick and safe time to all of our employees. All NWS staff will be encouraged to stay home if they are sick. As always! But now this is even more important. Depending on the composition of illness they may be asked to quarantine for 2 weeks from the start of their illness.
- All NWS Staff will be required to temperature check themselves before starting their shift.
- We will continue to disinfect surfaces, door handles, POS terminals, phones, and any other high-contact-surface area diligently throughout the day.
Currently, there is no evidence of food-borne transmission of COVID-19. We will continue to seek guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and local health authorities to ensure our restaurant operations and policies maintain the highest safety possible.
Phone: (218) 724-7307
Eric and Lynn Goerdt