Smoked fish should be stored in refrigeration.
Smoked fish can be frozen, but we do not recommend it as it degrades in quality significantly in the freezer. If the fish will be consumed at different times, we recommend that you separate the pieces prior to freezing. If you must freeze smoked fish this is the best method:
- Only freeze smoked fish that has not been previously cut into and has not expired.
- Place the piece of fish inside a freezable zip-lock bag. Make sure that the bag is completely sealed and try to get all of the air out of the bag as air will dry the fish.
- Write the freezing date on the bag so you can keep track. Do not store product in the freezer for more than 2 months.
- Place the individual bags inside a container to protect the integrity.
- Place this container away and above raw products to prevent potential cross-contamination.
- We recommend that your freezer is set to the lowest temperature possible as this will protect the flavor and freshness even further.