We have worked with Doucettes Party Rental for quite some time. We can even do all of the ordering for you so you don’t need to add stress while planning your event. I takes a village! We also partner with Sue, who has a beautiful Farm right on the out skirts of Jay Cooke State Park called Hemlock Preserve, she has been in the catering business for years and has been collecting unique furniture, decor and dishes for people to rent and make there event totally original!
We have three very talented Bakers in our NWS family they have made breads, puff pastries, macaroons, cookies and more! We have also teamed up with our friends at Lake Superior Bakehouse countless times for events, they have a fantastic variety of options and flavors.
The protein amount per person really varies depending on a lot of factors, but our general rule of thumb is about 2 oz for an appetizer portion, 1-2 more ounces for an entrée portion. Of course, figure more if you have hearty eaters.
We recommend that you consult with your doctor before making dietary decisions while you are pregnant.
All of our meat products are dairy free with the exception of our German Bratwurst, Polish Sausage, Salamini, Pepperoni, Peppemundo, and Salamundo.
Every variety of Smoked Fish, Gravlax, every variety of Bratwurst, Smoked Turkey, Smoked Ham, Corned Beef, Country Pate, Porketta, Mortadella and Lamb (only available on a sandwich), Andouille, Bacon, Pancetta, Bison Buddies, Polish Sausage, Chorizo, Pork Loin, Beef Pastrami, Beef & Pork Summer Sausage, Saucisson Sec, Pepperoni, Peppemundo, Salamini & Salamundo.
We recommend that fresh deli meats be consumed within 5-7 days of purchase. Deli meats can be frozen as well, although we recommend only freezing whole chunks of deli meat, not sliced meat. Frozen deli meat is probably best when consumed within 2-3 months.
We recommend keeping our fresh sausages frozen until approximately 24 hours before use. Thawed, fresh sausage should be cooked within 1-2 days of thawing it. Raw sausage can be stored in the freezer for 2-6 months, depending on how sealed and airtight the package is.
Smoked fish should be stored in refrigeration.
Smoked fish can be frozen, but we do not recommend it as it degrades in quality significantly in the freezer. If the fish will be consumed at different times, we recommend that you separate the pieces prior to freezing. If you must freeze smoked fish this is the best method:
- Only freeze smoked fish that has not been previously cut into and has not expired.
- Place the piece of fish inside a freezable zip-lock bag. Make sure that the bag is completely sealed and try to get all of the air out of the bag as air will dry the fish.
- Write the freezing date on the bag so you can keep track. Do not store product in the freezer for more than 2 months.
- Place the individual bags inside a container to protect the integrity.
- Place this container away and above raw products to prevent potential cross-contamination.
- We recommend that your freezer is set to the lowest temperature possible as this will protect the flavor and freshness even further.
Smoked fish should be consumed within 3 weeks of purchase but is of best quality within 1-2 weeks.