1 whole Smoked Turkey Breast
2 Bulbs Fennel
1 Yellow Onion
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1.5 Cups Dry White Wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- Preheat Oven at 325 degrees.
- If there is skin on the turkey, peel it off. You can shred and fry this in oil and sprinkle on a salad or discard – up to you.
- Dice veggies and sauté with oil in a large coated (or not coated) cast iron Dutch oven until
fragrant and translucent. Add Turkey Breast and wine, cover, and put in the oven for 60
- Check the turkey at this point – it should have an internal temperature of at least 140 and should
be tender to the touch. If so, uncover and roast at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove turkey to a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes and then carve or chunk and place
back in the Dutch oven to soak up residual sauce and veggie flavors. Serve with fresh buttered
pasta, crispy potatoes, or on crusty bread with fresh butter and/or provolone.