Hello folks – there are so many things that happen at #thesmokehaus each week, it’s high time we start sharing a little more of the day to day from our island of food weirdos. Come along for the ride and catch up with 5 things that happened every week. We’ll share on Fridays. It’s not guaranteed to be a revelation or an earth-shattering event, but more of the laughter, food and quirkiness that keeps us coming together every week.
Here’s 5 things that happened at #thesmokehaus this week:
- Finished a little bacon project – that’s 120# sliced and packaged for a major order going out next week! People came together to get it done. It’s nice when we come together over bacon.
- Made “The Big Meg” on Thursday for lunch. Another sandwich on our “hidden menu” that has existed behind the scenes over the years. This one exists from the mind of a former great, as far as Smokehausers go. Russian dressing, lettuce, tomato, corned beef, red onion, cheddar, chopped pickles – toasted, baby!
- Speaking of babies, a baby was not born – Woody and wife have been expecting a baby any day now for the past week. We all come to work each day in hopes the little Smokehaus baby has come. Nope! A big fat, NOPE! Hang in there Kiah!
- Some folks go to Hoops – We deliver sandwiches to #HoopsBrewing, and wanted to catch up with our friends over there. It’s nice to tell the people that matter to you that you like them, are here for them, and want to feed them.
- Someone calls for mail order smoked eel – Uh, we don’t have smoked eel. FYI, if you thought we had smoked eel, we do not carry smoked eel.